Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Spatial Analysis with PostGIS
Thursday, January 24, 2013 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM (EST)
Learn how to load and manage data with PostGIS, the spatial extension to the PostgreSQL database. This class is intended for those comfortable with basic GIS concepts and using the command line. Learning SQL will take your GIS skills to the next level; a single line of SQL can tackle issues that would take multiple lines of Python code or half an hour clicking in a GUI. Many spatial operations take seconds on PostGIS and would take hours on desktop systems.
This class will introduce a number of topics in PostGIS:
- Installation and configuration of your database
- Loading Shapefiles in to the spatial database
- Basic SQL concepts and syntax
- Geometry manipulation and spatial relationships in the database
- Spatial Joins - answer complex queries across layers
- Projecting your data directly in the database